Pricecheck – Helping South Africans Find The Best Prices since 2006
Founded in 2006 by Kevin Tucker, PriceCheck is one of our most loved e-commerce websites, helping us compare thousands of products & services so shoppers can find learn more about the products and the merchants that sell them. Once you’re ready to buy, just click-through to the store you’d like to buy from and purchase your product immediately.
The concept is as simple as it is powerful and over the years, Pricecheck has gone through quite a few iterations. Started in 2006, Pricecheck was sold to Naspers four years later., only for Tucker to buy the business back with the local VC investment firm Silvertree Internet Holdings in 2015. Today, it claims to be Africa’s largest price comparison service, with 25 million unique annual visitors across its two platforms, and has recorded y-o-y growth of 40% in South Africa and 600% in Nigeria.
In a recent interview, Tucker claimed that Pricecheck.co.za now reaches more than 17 million unique shoppers in total, which is “almost the entire shopping audience in South Africa”. As such, if you’re shopping online at all in South Africa, Pricecheck.co.za should most definitely be one of your premier destinations! To keep the momentum going, the company has just rolled out a huge update in early 2018 with a brand new look and enhanced functionality in order to make it easier to filter through product ranges.
New features include:
- Side-by-side product comparison – Compare like-for-like products side-by-side. Evaluate price points, specifications and sellers.
- Multi-shop orders – PriceCheck has made it easy to shop from multiple shops in a single transaction.
- Detailed product descriptions – Shoppers are given an in-depth description of each product so that they are well armed to make informed purchasing decisions.
- Themed product pages – Shoppers who need goods for a specific type of event or occasion (eg. wedding items, Christmas decor, etc) will be able to browse the specially themed pages and find everything that they would possibly need in one place.
- High quality images – It’s now easier than ever for the consumer to see exactly what they are purchasing thanks to improved product pictures.
- Beautiful design – The new service has been designed to be modern and user-friendly, while at the same time enabling transactional e-commerce.
Pricecheck Customer Reviews
Have you shopped online with Pricecheck recently? We would love to hear your feedback and let other customers know about your experience shopping at Pricecheck.co.za. Submitting your review only takes a few seconds – our community thanks you for your honest feedback!
Submit your review